Jun 10, 2013

Feature: Sammii Sinvil


Deviantart
ModelMayhem
iStudio
Facebook

ChestWaistHipsHeightWeight
Imperial32"24"31"5"7'97lb
Metric81cm61cm78cm170cm44kg


GGotW: How do you maintain your pale completion and gothic appeal in the land of sunshine and amusement parks?
SS: I can't tan. I end up burning only. Everybody is expected to be super tan especially in the sunshine state but I have a huge love for my pale skin so tanning is not even an option. I just avoid being in the sun for too long mostly. Being anything other than average or normal is very frowned upon here. I've never been one to try & please other people so I dress as I please. I do get a lot of negative opinions but I feel mine are all that truly matters.

GGotW: Is there a story behind your name, Sammii Sinvil?
SS:  Actually yes. For the past few years, I went under other names but they were names I felt fit my personality & appearance. While I was using other names, I was quite a colorful person. I was always super colorful. I always had a bunch of colors in my hair at those times too. As I fell into a depression phase due to personal issues, I felt as if it was time to change the name I went by and; change my appearance. Modeling has always been my way of expressing myself so even when I was depressed, I made that my focus. That's when I stopped wearing so many colors and; started adjusting myself to match how I felt. Sammii Sinvil, I'd like to believe, is the darkest side of me.

GGotW: Even the darkest of us have things we enjoy, what is your biggest thrill?
SS: My biggest thrill has always been having needles pierce my skin. It's why I've had many piercings. Something about it is very enjoyable.

GGotW: Who got you started modeling?
SS: Before modeling, I was bullied throughout school for being not looking like or being like everybody else. I recall I been called "ugly" a bunch of times. Every time I was called things like that, I'd take my phone out & take photos & post them to remind myself, I wasn't ugly I was beautiful in a completely different way. Taking photos became my escape from all the negative & I did end up with so many photos. Later on, I ended up meeting a local photographer that saw potential in me & helped me. Through him, I met others & that kinda paved my way into modeling.

GGotW: What photographers have you worked with?
SS: So far I've worked with Greg Shepherd, Derek Wallman, David W. Scalf, Anthony &; Micheal Cuebas, Albert Dekota Sanchez & Ande Spade.

GGotW: What would you call your "DREAM" photoshoot?
SS: I'd say my dream photoshoot would be one I can bring the darkest in me out completely.

Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

No comments: